Napa Valley real estate or houses for sale in American Canyon can be big assets in your quest for financial security. Owning a home is not without its drawbacks but if you’re in the right position, it can be a big blessing. There are many reasons to own, but here are five big ones that you should remember when buying your dream home:
- Forced Savings: Owning a house requires you to pay a mortgage, which allows you to build equity in the home. It is a way to force yourself to save money as opposed to losing it to a landlord while you rent.
- You control where you live: Unlike when you rent, owning a home means you are no longer under the thumb of a landlord. In short, you have more control over your destiny.
- Tax breaks: There are many tax breaks available to homeowners and some can be substantial. For example, mortgage interest payments are often tax deductible, and if you sell a house, you usually don’t have to pay capital gains tax on up to $500,000 ($250,000 for single filers).
- Houses can appreciate in the right areas: Often time they are a good investment if the home is in a good area like Napa County. Over long periods, Napa Valley real estate or houses for sale in American Canyon tend to go up in value so homes can be a good place to have those forced savings put into.
- Financial predictability: When you own a home, you don’t have to worry about your rent going up every year if it is a fixed rate mortgage. While you do need to be concerned with home maintenance, it can be cheaper long term to own your house.
Owning houses for sale in American Canyon and Napa Valley real estate can be a huge advantage in your quest for long term financial success. So give us a call today and see what kinds of unique homes we can help you find!