For most of us, listing a house for sale is incredibly stressful. There’s much that could go wrong and if your property is a Napa, CA real estate, there’s even more pressure. Your home is incredibly valuable but the money your home is worth should not come with the baggage of stress and indecision. A knowledgeable realtor in Napa will be able to help sell your home, but there’s several things you can do on your end to help make sure you don’t lose it during this process. With that in mind, here’s six tips will help keep you sane during the listing and sale of one of your biggest assets.
- Prepare super early: Are you thinking of selling several months from now? Well start preparing your property now. Stage it, fix any little things at your piece of your home that you can and get the property looking top notch. If you do these at the last second, you’ll only cause yourself undue heartache. Your realtor in Napa will have ideas on how you can get started.
- Don’t set the price too high. Don’t hit the price ceiling to begin with. If you go too much above market value, you could have far fewer buyers coming to look at your home. Furthermore, you might have to lower your price later causing your listing to linger on the market longer. You don’t need that stress. A talented realtor should be able to provide you good information on what your house is worth.
- Make your viewing schedule flexible. If it’s too hard for people to come see your property they will likely lose interest and/or look for another house. Be flexible when a prospective purchaser wants to come by your Napa, CA real estate and look to see if it interests him or her.
- Get away during the viewing. When purchasers want to schedule a showing, the last thing you want is to be there stressing out-or worse-overselling the house. Rather, try to find some great activities to do to take your mind off the viewing. Try taking your kids to the park, going on a bike ride, taking a day trip, going to a local museum, etc. The areas around your Napa, CA real estate have a ton of different activities for you and your family.
- Make necessary repairs. Look around the house and see the little things that need fixing and listen to the advice your realtor will give you. For example, maybe the house needs painting, maybe there’s a plumbing leak, etc. your home is not immune to the forces of time, so be sure to fix things up.
- Work with a good realtor in Napa: This will be the difference maker in your whole listing experience. An excellent one will be sure that your transition goes a smoothly as possible.
Looking for a real estate agent like that? Call us! (707) 480-5557.