In real estate, a “seller’s market” is when buyer demand exceeds available properties. Since there are fewer homes available, sellers have the advantage. As buyers compete to win their dream home, this housing “shortage” often leads to bidding wars that reap big profits for sellers. But sellers must also compete to attract buyers and increase interest in their property.
If you’re looking to have your property be a standout in the homes for sale in St. Helena CA or Yountville, CA, the real estate agents at Connie & Jamie can guide you through the entire selling process. We know how to make the market work to your benefit!
Homes for Sale in Yountville, CA: Is Your Home a Standout?
Being in a seller’s market is a good feeling, but you still need to get your St. Helena home in tip-top shape and ready to sell. For while buyers might be willing to overlook minor defects, your home can still sell faster and for top dollar, if you:
- Clear the clutter to make your home seem more spacious and inviting.
- Depersonalize by removing personal items like family photos, sports memorabilia, and the like.
- Make minor improvements such as replacing grout or caulk, updating light fixtures, or swapping out knobs and pulls.
- Conduct a deep clean, including windows, countertops, appliances, carpets, and floors.
- Consider repainting your home’s interior in welcoming neutrals.
- Invest in curb appeal improvements like trimming trees and shrubs, laying fresh mulch, and pressure-washing walkways and patios.
Homes for Sale in St. Helena, CA: Tips For Standing Out in a Seller’s Market
As experienced real estate agents, we’ve learned a trick or two about increasing buyer interest during a seller’s market.
- Price fairly. Homes do tend to sell for more in a seller’s market, but it can still help to price your home fairly, or even slightly below market value, to encourage a bidding war.
- Choose Friday as “market day.” It’s usually an effective strategy to take your listing live at midnight on Thursday, so buyers discover it among the new listings first thing Friday morning.
- Limit showings. By forcing buyers to tour when other buyers are present, you can spark a natural tendency to compete.
Once you receive offers on your home, don’t just look at the price offered. Other factors that can affect the sale include the amount of the down payment, seller’s costs, inspection and contingency waivers, and whether the offer’s financed or all cash.
Get All Your Napa Valley Real Estate Questions Answered
It’s impossible to predict how long a seller’s market will last. But as long as it continues, you can use these tips to put more money in your wallet come selling time.
If you’re ready to put the skills of a strong real agent to work in selling your St. Helena or Yountville, CA home, Connie & Jamie can provide the expert guidance you need. From home staging to getting your house in the best possible shape before listing, we help ensure your home stands out in a highly competitive market. To learn more about all the real estate services we offer, contact us online today!