These days, people want every part of their homes — from patios to bedrooms and living rooms — to be inviting, relaxing, and reflective of their lifestyle.
Summertime decorating tends to focus on entertaining outdoors, and this year’s trends don’t disappoint in that department. However, our viewings of various homes in the Napa Valley real estate market reveal that many homeowners are also making indoor changes, bringing a fresh breeziness to their homes’ interiors for the hotter months.
Our Yountville real estate agents thought it would be fun to share some of these trends with you, so let’s dive in!
Summer Decorating Ideas from Top Napa Valley Real Estate Agents
As temperatures rise, here are our top choices for maintaining a cool feel in your Napa home.
- Paint trends. Painting the walls in one or more rooms is the easiest and fastest way to update their atmosphere. Cool and airy palettes like soothing grays, pale blues, and light purples create a cooler feeling than other color hues, as do pale yellows.
- Stone features. Stone is often used for outdoor patios, pools, and fountains, but this year it’s also showing up in coffee and side tables and fireplace surrounds. Adding smaller stone touches like coasters, vases, and lamps can also bring an immediate feeling of cool to a room.
- Rearrange the furniture. Does your living room or den seating use a fireplace as its focal point? Reposition sofas and chairs so people can view your front and back yards instead. There’s no simpler way to bring the outdoors inside!
- Think curves. The link between curvy furniture and a feeling of relaxation and well-being dates back to the ancient Chinese tradition of Feng Shui. Adding just one or two curved furniture pieces can create a natural, welcoming flow in any room.
- The all-natural look. Using too many organic materials in your summer decorating can be overwhelming, but done right, natural touches can instantly make a room feel refreshing. Some ways to add summery organic materials into your interior design include cotton and linen pillows, natural fiber rugs, and handcrafted pieces from local artisans. Of course, you can never go wrong with adding a few easy care plants!
Create an Endless Summer Vibe at Your Napa Valley Home
Are you planning to put your Napa Valley home on the market this summer? Our Yountville real estate agents will help you choose summer decorating ideas that present your home in its best possible light. To hear more summer decorating trends or to discuss the current Napa Valley Yountville real estate market, contact Connie and Jamie today!